College essay writing service
More questions like this
2 Assignments – Statistical Concepts…
QNT 275 Week 3 Practice…
QNT 275 Week 3 Practice Set
University of Phoenix Material
Practice Set 3
Practice Set 3
1. Let x be a continuous random variable. What is the probability that x assumes a single value, such as a (use numerical value)?
A. Thetotalareaunderanormalcurveequals _____.
B. Anormalcurveis ………………aboutthemean.Consequently,50%ofthetotalareaunderanormaldistributioncurveliesontheleftofthe mean,and50%liesontherightsideofthemean.
C. Fill in the blank. Thetailsofanormaldistributioncurveextendindefinitelyinbothdirectionswithouttouchingorcrossingthehorizontalathebeyondpointsrepresentedby µ – 3? to µ+ 3? itbecomessoclosetothisaxisthattheareaunderthecurve beyondthesepointsinbothdirectionsisveryclosetozero.
3. For the standard normal distribution, find the area within one standard deviation of the
mean that is, the area between ? ? ? and ? + ?. Round to four decimal places.
4. Find the area under the standard normal curve. Round to four decimal places.
a) between z = 0 and z = 1.95
b) between z = 0 and z = ?2.05
c) between z = 1.15 and z = 2.37
d) from z = ?1.53 to z = ?2.88
e) from z = ?1.67 to z = 2.24
5. Theprobabilitydistributionofthepopulationdataiscalledthe (1) ________.Table7.2inthe textprovidesanexampleofit.Theprobabilitydistributionofasamplestatisticiscalledits (2) _________.Table7.5inthetextprovidesanexampleit.
A. Probability distribution
B. Population distribution
C. Normal distribution
D. Sampling distribution
7. Consider the following population of 10 numbers. 20 25 13 19 9 15 11 7 17 30
a) Find the population mean. Round to two decimal places.
b) Rich selected one sample of nine numbers from this population. The sample included the numbers 20, 25, 13, 9, 15, 11, 7, 17, and 30. Calculate sampling error for this sample. Round to decimal places.
8. Fill in the blank. TheFdistributionis________andskewedtotheright.TheFdistributionhastwo numbersofdegreesoffreedom:dfforthenumeratoranddfforthedenominator.TheunitsofanFdistribution,denotedbyF,arenonnegative.
9. Find the critical value of F for the following. Round to two decimal places.
a) df = (3, 3) and area in the right tail = .05
b) df = (3, 10) and area in the right tail = .05
c) df = (3, 30) and area in the right tail = .05
10. The following ANOVA table, based on information obtained for three samples selected from three independent populations that are normally distributed with equal variances, has a few missing values.
Value of the
F = ___V__ = VII
a) Find the missing values and complete the ANOVA table. Round to four decimal places.
b) Using ? = .01, what is your conclusion for the test with the null hypothesis that the means of the three populations are all equal against the alternative hypothesis that the means of the three populations are not all equal?
Reject H0. Conclude that the means of the three populations are equal.
Reject H0. Conclude that the means of the three populations are not equal.
Do not reject H0. Conclude that the means of the three populations are equal.
Do not reject H0. Conclude that the means are of the three populations are not equal.
Social Science homework help
This is property of essayprince.net. We are the first stop for all students Buying research papers online. Our paper writing service is second to none. Come and Buy research papers online here, TODAY
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.