Write my essay
Interpretive Worksheet: An Exercise in Intertextuality Psalm 23, Ezekiel 34:1–24, and Luke 15:1–7 The main goals of Psalms 23 are: • To describe God as provider. • To describe God as protector. • To give the reader hope in God’s sovereignty. Read Psalm 23
Interpretive Worksheet: An Exercise in Intertextuality
Psalm 23, Ezekiel 34:1–24, and Luke 15:1–7
The main goals of Psalms 23 are:
• To describe God as provider.
• To describe God as protector.
• To give the reader hope in God’s sovereignty.
Read Psalm 23 and then answer the following questions.
1. The Lord is described as a shepherd. What ways does the Lord provide for his sheep (vv. 1–
• He makes me _____________________ (v. 2a)
• He leads me _____________________ (v. 2b)
• He restores my _____________________ (v. 3a)
• He leads me in _____________________ (vv. 3b–4)
2. Of the 4 provisions in vv. 1–4, which one does not contain shepherding imagery? What
separates this imagery from the other 3?
3. Read vv. 5–6. Identify and explain the metaphorical differences between vv. 1–4 and vv. 5–6.
4. Read Ezekiel 34:1–24. In this passage “the shepherds” are Israel’s kings. Briefly outline the
offences of the shepherds/kings in vv. 2b–10.
5. Outline the similarities between Ezekiel 34:11–15 and Psalm 23.
6. Given that God is the shepherd in Psalm 23, what theological teaching(s) should we glean
from God’s duties as shepherd in Ezekiel 34:17–24?
7. Intertextuality describes the various approaches to reading biblical texts in relation to other
biblical texts. For example, the prophet Ezekiel uses the shepherding imagery (Ezek 34:11–15)
in Psalm 23 to make a theological point. Read Luke 15:1–7 and answer the following questions.
• Responding to the critique of eating with tax collectors and sinners, Jesus declared that a
shepherd would leave his flock to find the lost sheep. Who is the shepherd in Luke 15:1–
• Read Psalm 23, Ezekiel 34:1–24, and Luke 15:1–7 again and then answer:
o Jesus is describing himself as the ____________ in Luke 15:1–7.
o Jesus equates the lost sheep with a __________ who repents.
• What is the main theological assertion made by Jesus in Luke 15:1–7?
Science homework help
This is property of essayprince.net. Log in for Write my paper for cheap
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.